The Equestrian Federation of Australia (Queensland Branch) Inc, now known as Equestrian Queensland Inc was established 1951 and incorporated in 1986.
Equestrian Queensland is the peak body for horse sports in Queensland and is the state body of the Equestrian Federation of Australia, which is the controlling body for horse sports in Australia and is affiliated with the Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI), which is the controlling body for horse sports world-wide. Equestrian Queensland also maintains affiliations with relevant Government and Non-Government agencies at the State level such as the Queensland Olympic Council, the Sports Federation of Queensland and Recreation Training Queensland.
Equestrian Queensland is a non-profit organisation incorporated under the Associations Incorporations Act of Queensland. It comprises of individual members, affiliated clubs, life members, coaches and Officials. Equestrian Queensland embraces the eight horse sports of:
- Carriage Driving (An International Sport)
- Dressage (An International and Olympic Sport)
- Eventing (An International and Olympic Sport)
- Show Horse (A National Sport)
- Showjumping (An International and Olympic Sport)
- Vaulting (An International Sport).
- Interschool (A National School Sport)
- Para Equestrian (An International and Olympic Sport)
The primary objectives of Equestrian Queensland in accordance with its Constitution is to:-
- Encourage, develop, promote and control horse sports throughout the State of Queensland.
- Establish and maintain, throughout Queensland, a uniform code of rules and regulations to govern horse sports under its jurisdiction.
- Provide services and support, to members, clubs, coaches, judges and administrators, which is second to none.
- Encourage community health, welfare, physical education and research through horse sports.
- Regulate, supervise, coordinate and promote Horse Sports activities, programs, competitions and events.
- Facilitate cooperation between members of the Association and external organisations, bodies and individuals.
- Promote membership of the Association and foster the interests of its members.
- Affiliate with organisations and any other bodies to further the purposes of the Association.
- Provide a means by which Clubs in Queensland can become affiliated to further these purposes
Membership across Queensland now exceeds 100 Affiliated Clubs, and 3000+ registered athletes. The Association provides a broad range of services and benefits to its membership and has a major focus on servicing member clubs, to ensure they are well equipped to professionally deliver quality horse sport programs to the community.
Send Message to listing owner